Monday, December 28, 2009



December 28, 2009

I am preparing for a motorcycle trip that I have been uncertain of whether or not I should actually go. It is amazing how many different perspectives one can have over a very short period of time.

I have settled with an assuredness of knowing I am right where I am supposed to be and actually set up pretty well for the endeavor. I just cashed in my change from my pockets at the end of the day over the past year or two and have an additional $324. A quite pleasant surprise.

I will be traveling with 5 other gentleman who I am very much looking forward to getting to know better. My journey till I meet up with them will be quite different. I am loading my bike up on my truck and driving to Memphis, TN where I will unload my bike and continue on to San Antonio, TX where I will meet up with members of the group on New Years Eve. I am quite sad to be leaving Lille but I feel she really does understand after the sadness passes.

I am very grateful to be close in proximity to some wonderful friends. Thanks to those on RR St. for helping me get the bike in the truck and sharing some music for the road. I am looking forward to the rediscovery of once known songs that one experiences when their surroundings are dynamic and promote an opening of the mind.


2 comments:

  1. Yay for Rich going to Mexico on a motorbike! I am so excited for you (and glad that you started a blog, too)! Looking forward to the updates from the road:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great blog Rich! Love the pictures! I'm so happy for you that this all came together!
    Tara

    ReplyDelete