Monday, January 18, 2010

The Group Parts Ways...

The group parts ways and 4 continue to Panama, 1 boarding a plane back to PA and I will travel alone for the next 2-3 days in Mexico. I realize traveling solo through Mexico can be seen as unsafe but in a way...traveling in our country can be quite dangerous as well. This was not my favorite option but to not go on a trip because of fear is not how I choose to live my life. At no point did I feel threatened while traveling through Mexico. This is just my experience and thought it is worth sharing.

I was heading to Miacatlin, a small town outside of Cuernavaca and the ride was absolutely beautiful. Many great toll roads through the mountains led me into the sprawling Cuernavaca. The mountains were spectacular as was the ride. At this point, my ipod has a dead battery and is out of service. I grown to enjoy the quietness and simplicity of earplugs, something that was new to me. This even allowed me a lot of time to pray and reflect on my life, its direction and the experiences at hand.


No comments:

Post a Comment